- Last Updated: 26 May 2021 26 May 2021
Registration is now closed. The deadline for High School Summer School was May 25, 2021.
The school start date is on June 7, 2021
The Sioux Falls School District will be offering High School Summer School in the summer of 2021. Please check with the school for the most accurate dates.
- Questions on course choices should be directed to your school counselor prior to registering.
- Summer school, instructor-led classes, the content presented during the 14-day session is equivalent to the content presented during a full semester of school. Each class is worth 0.5 credit and students are expected to attend EVERY class! If a student misses more than 2 classes, the student will be dropped from the course with an "F" grade. Students will not be excused for family vacations, camps, or similar activities. Students who enroll in summer school must be able to benefit from instructional activities presented in groups with a ratio of 1 teacher to 20 or more students.
- Online courses need to be completed on or before July 29th, 2021. Online courses are 0.5 credits (unless noted). Students enrolling in online classes for summer school must attend a mandatory scheduled 1-hour Orientation.
- Proctored unit exams and final exams will be held.
- Students must also attend proctored unit exams and the final exam at CTE throughout the summer as they work through the material. Online instructors will be available at scheduled times to administer unit exams during regular summer school hours. Students will be allowed to advance through their course ONLY as they complete their unit exams. Most coursework is completed independently by the student. Teacher assistance will be available from 7:30 am to 12:30 pm (Monday through Thursday). Individual teachers will also schedule appointments for students who need additional help.
Because online work is intense, students may only register for one online course at a time during the summer session. If all required work is completed in a shorter time frame, the summer school principal may authorize the student to take another online course upon teacher recommendation.
Computer Requirements: To complete online work, students must have access to an Internet connection. School computers are available for student use at CTE Monday-Thursday, 7:30 am to 12:30 pm. Coursework is not compatible with an iPad.
OUT-OF-DISTRICT students will need to submit an emergency contact form - You will receive an email with a link to complete after registration is received.
Connections classes are held at Lincoln, Roosevelt, Washington, and Jefferson High School. This program enables incoming freshmen to become accustomed to their new school that they will be attending. Each school has its own dates and times and is subject to change due to snow days.
There will be NO REFUNDS unless a course is canceled due to insufficient enrollment.
When registering, you will need to choose Enrolled District 49-5, Reduced Fee-(lunch status), Free Fee-(lunch status), or Out-of-District Fee. Registrations will not be processed until your payment selection has been verified by the Child Nutrition office.
All registration questions should be directed to your school counselor.
Middle Schools Counseling Office
Edison Middle School
McGovern Middle School
Memorial Middle School
Patrick Henry Middle School
Whittier Middle School
Axtell Park Building
High Schools Counseling Office:
Jefferson High School
Lincoln High School
New Technology High School
Roosevelt High School
Washington High School