Application registration is now closed for the 2021-2022 School Year.
The Sioux Falls School District is offering a Virtual Academy (SFSDVA) option only for students in grades 3rd through 8th. The application process for the 2021-2022 school year is now closed. Families will receive notification of acceptance or rejection based on the enrollment criteria. Once accepted into the SFSDVA, the students are obligated for the entire 2021-2022 school year.
- Students must reside within the Sioux Falls School District boundaries or be currently open enrolled to the Sioux Falls School District.
- Students who are currently open enrolled and are approved for Virtual Academy will forfeit their open enrollment status starting with the 21-22 school year. If the student returns to in-person learning they would return to their Home Attendance Center and can apply for open enrollment following the District’s Open Enrollment Policy JCA.
- Families will need internet connectivity.
- Students must have an NWEA MAP score in the 40th percentile or higher in both math and reading.
- Language Proficiency Score - students who have been identified as an English Learner (EL) must have a minimum WIDA Reading score of 4.0.
- If previously enrolled in SFSDVA, students must have demonstrated consistent engagement, adequate progress, and course completion.
- Only for students in grades 3rd through 8th.
Following a review of the criteria outlined, a meeting will be scheduled for students who have an Individualized Education Plan (IEP), or 504 Equal Education Access Plan (EEAP) to determine if their educational needs can be met in a virtual setting.