- Last Updated: 26 February 2021 26 February 2021
Welcome to kindergarten! The Sioux Falls School District is committed to providing each student with the essential skills and knowledge he/she will need to succeed in school. The District's kindergarten curriculum is designed to engage children in the learning process, inspire their curiosity, provide them with a sense of accomplishment and help them understand the value of what they are learning. We want your child to have a meaningful kindergarten experience - one that will provide a strong foundation for future academic growth.
Would you like to know more about how you can help your child succeed in school? As a parent or caregiver, you play an important role in your child’s academic achievement. By taking steps to get involved in your child’s education, you can bridge the gap between home and school to ensure your child’s success in learning and in life.
- Preparing your child for school
- Knowing what to expect from your child’s kindergarten teacher
- Monitoring school work
- Working with schools and teachers effectively
- Helping your child with reading and homework
- Ensuring that your child’s school is safe and drug-free.