Where to register

Parents who are new to the District may start the registration process using the Online Registration System.
This should not be used if their student(s) has been enrolled in the Sioux Falls School District at any time or if their student(s) has been screened for Early Childhood services.

Home School:
Home School students will continue to use the Application for Public School Exemption Certificate to register. You may request an Exemption Certificate by calling the Sioux Falls School District or by visiting the South Dakota Department of Education Website.
Effective July 1, 2016:
SDCL 13-28-7.1 Requires all students entering 6th grade have one dose of Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis (Tdap) vaccine on or after the 11th birthday; AND one dose of Meningococcal (MCV4) vaccine on or after the 11th birthday. Talk with your health care provider to determine your child’s immunization status.
School assignments in the Sioux Falls School District are made according to the residence of the parent/guardian or the school assigned through an open enrollment request.
Go to:
Boundary & Bus Information and enter your residence address to determine a student's assigned school.

Items needed to register

1. Birth Certificate:
A certified copy of the birth certificate must be presented to the school at the time of enrollment or within 30 days. An affidavit issued by the State Department of Health may be presented in lieu of the birth certificate.
2. Copy of the student's immunization record
3. Verification of address:
-One (1) document in the name of the parent/guardian clearly indicating the address is required to verify an address. Documents provided must be current and dated the month of enrollment date or previous month. Verification examples include: Lease agreement, Utility Bill, etc.
-See District Regulation JCA-R for a complete listing of allowed documentation

Registration Questions?

Call your child’s school or Assessment, Technology and Information Services at Central Services, (605) 367-4386.

Immunization Requirement Questions?

Call your child's school or Health Services (605) 367-7926.