- Last Updated: 18 October 2021 18 October 2021
School boundary assignments in the Sioux Falls School District are made according to the residence of the parent/guardian. The Sioux Falls School District provides transportation for eligible students in grades K-8. Eligible students must live in a designated bus area in order to receive transportation.
The Sioux Falls School District provides specialized transportation for students with disabilities when the Special Education Placement Committee determines that the student could not access Special Education services if transportation were not provided as a related service.
To determine which school a Sioux Falls School District student is eligible to attend or if they are eligible for transportation, enter the student's address in the Boundaries and Bus Mapping Tool.
Instructions for Boundaries and Bus Mapping Tool
1. Enter the house number and street in the Address field that you want to check school eligibility. You can enter part of the street name, if you are not sure of the spelling, and then select from a list of matching street names. However, you need to enter the entire house number to match an address. (example: 1234 Lex to match 1234 S Lexington Ave)
2. Grade field is set to default to all grades. Kindergarten is grade KG, preschool grades are PA for preschool AM and PM for preschool PM.
3. Choose GO to have the system analyze your entry to find the schools assigned to that address. School names that include the words "PRESCHOOL" OR "RISE" are not choice schools. They are program/placement sites.
1. "Eligible" or "Eligible because of hazard" indicates your address is within the busing area. You can click on the school name and another table appears with information on the school's bus stops.
2. "Not Eligible", indicates that your address is not eligible for transportation. However, if you click on the school name and view the table, some bus stops may appear. (with a warning telling you they are not eligible) These are specialized stops for program/placement school students. They are NOT available stops for other students.
Check with the system administrator at (605) 367-7276 for assistance.