- Last Updated: 30 June 2021 30 June 2021
|Policies and Regulations||NEPN Code: KEB-R
Public Concerns/Complaints about Personnel
“Complaint” in this policy and regulation refers to criticism of a particular school employee by a student, parent/guardian of an enrolled student, and/or community member that implies a demand for action by school authorities. The following procedures are established to ensure that a complaint will be given respectful attention and that the integrity of the educational program will be upheld.
- If a complaint comes first to the person against whom it is directed, the employee will listen courteously and try to resolve the difficulty. If the complainant remains unsatisfied, the employee will refer the complainant to the principal or other immediate supervisor.
- If a complaint is relayed to another school employee, the employee should refer the complainant to the employee criticized or to that person’s immediate supervisor.
- When a written complaint is received by a principal or other immediate supervisor, the supervisor shall address the complaint in the means most appropriate to the situation. For example, speaking to the employee, mediating a resolution conference, and/or conducting an investigation.
In resolving a written complaint, specific personnel evaluations or disciplinary actions will not be disclosed. The complaining party will receive notification indicating the complaint has been addressed.
- If the nature of the complaint warrants it, the principal, immediate supervisor, or complainant shall hand the complaint over to the Civil Rights Officer/Title IX Coordinator.