- Last Updated: 30 June 2021 30 June 2021
|Policies and Regulations||NEPN Code: JLIA|
Supervision of Students
The total school staff is responsible for the supervision of students during the school day and for a reasonable period of time, as designated by administration, before and after the school day.
- Every student must be assigned to a staff member for instructional and/or supervisory purposes during the entire time that classes are in session.
- Every staff member will be responsible for proper supervision of students in the building, on the school site before and after the school day and during the lunch hour. School personnel may be assisted by other persons in this regard.
- Every staff member must share the responsibility of supervising students during regular passing periods, while students are moving to and from classrooms, restrooms and assemblies.
- The principal may make special supervision assignments during any critical time and in critical areas.
- Every staff member shall have in place a plan for providing alternative supervision of students assigned to his/her supervisory control should a situation arise where the assigned staff member has to temporarily leave the area of supervision.
13-32-1 Supervisory control of students on school premises