- Last Updated: 30 June 2021 30 June 2021
|Policies and Regulations||NEPN Code: JL|
The Sioux Falls School District is committed to providing a school environment that enhances learning and development of lifelong wellness practices.
To accomplish these goals:
- Child Nutrition programs comply with federal, state and local requirements. Child Nutrition programs are accessible to all children.
- Sequential and interdisciplinary nutrition education is provided and promoted through the health education curriculum.
- The District promotes and provides meaningful physical activity in addition to physical education that connects to students’ lives.
- All foods and beverages made available on campus during the school day (including vending, a la carte, student stores) are consistent with EFEA/EFEA-R – Supplemental Food Sales which meet the USDA Healthy Hunger Free Kids Act of 2010. Specifically the Smart Snacks Standards implemented July 1, 2014.
- If rewards and incentives are given, healthy choices are required for rewards and incentives.
- When snacks are provided in classrooms, healthy snacks are expected for all grade levels.
- All foods made available on campus adhere to USDA/FSIS Food Safety and Security Guidelines.
- All fundraisers held within the District must meet the State of South Dakota Fundraiser Policy implemented July 1, 2014.
USDA – 2010 Healthy Hunger Free Kids Act
Smart Snack Standards, July 1, 2014
State of South Dakota Fundraiser Policy