- Last Updated: 30 June 2021 30 June 2021
|Policies and Regulations||NEPN Code: IKB-R|
Homework should reflect or reinforce concepts already introduced in a class and should encourage application of those concepts. Homework should not be confused with makeup work given to compensate for students’ absences. Under no circumstances should homework be given as busy work or for disciplinary purposes.
When assigning homework, teachers should:
- communicate their homework expectations to parents/guardians at the beginning of the year and periodically throughout the year;
- state a purpose that is understood by the student and parent/guardian;
- consider the differentiation of assignments based on the student’s age and capability;
- plan to include a wide variety of activities; and
- explain the evaluation and feedback process that will be used.
|Regulation||Board Action||(formerly 6154)|