- Last Updated: 30 June 2021 30 June 2021
|Policies and Regulations||NEPN Code: FF
Facilities Planning and Development
- Naming Facilities
- In selecting a name for a new school, the Superintendent shall form a committee consisting of parents, teachers, administrators, a School Board member, community members, and students. The Board president shall appoint the Board representative.
The name for the school shall be selected from the following categories:
- Presidents of the United States
- Persons who have achieved distinction in such fields as art, literature, music, education, or science
- Individuals who have made a significant contribution to society
- Location of the school, its street, or direction
- Famous event or location
The name selected shall have withstood the test of time.
All areas within and around the school, including athletic fields, shall be considered a part of the school and shall bear the same name as the school.
The committee shall make a recommendation to the Board at a regular Board meeting.
The Director of Operational Services and the architectural firm involved in a building project shall design proper signage identifying the school. All major building projects shall have suitable plaque(s) identifying the project, the year completed, the names of the Board members and the Superintendent serving at the time of project initiation, the architectural firm and the contractor for the project.
|Policy||Board Action||(formerly 7551)|