- Last Updated: 30 June 2021 30 June 2021
|Policies and Regulations||NEPN Code: FEH-R
Facilities Planning and Development
- Supervision of Construction
- The Director of Operational Services or designee shall be directly responsible for the supervision of all new building construction, specifically:
- Supervise all Sioux Falls School District construction work in progress.
- Coordinate the work of the general contractor and other contractors to facilitate the progress of the construction.
- Inspect all construction as it progresses, with authority to stop work of any kind pending a final decision of the architect/engineer and School Board.
- Work with contractor, architect/engineer, and Board to insure full compliance of the plans and specifications.
- Coordinate with contractors and assist in the training of Operational Services personnel in the operation and maintenance of facilities and equipment.
- Act as a liaison with City officials, fire department, and building and plumbing inspectors.
- Initiate, schedule and prompt installation of electric, gas and water utility services.
- Continuously study and review new construction methods, procedures, materials and installations to insure practical, economic results in planning new facilities.
|Rules||Board Action||(formerly 7453)|