- Last Updated: 30 June 2021 30 June 2021
|Policies and Regulations||NEPN Code: EEBA
The School Board recognizes the need for designated school employees to use District-owned vehicles. To safeguard the School District, employees, and students in matters of liability, the following procedures shall be followed.
- To use a District vehicle for any purpose, the individual must have authorization by the building principal or program supervisor.
- Each employee assigned to routinely drive District-owned vehicles shall be responsible for reporting to Human Resources all moving violations within five days of conviction or admission of guilt. In determining whether the employee continues to be approved to drive District vehicles, the information revealed in a driving records check will be judged according to the following factors:
- The type of incident revealed.
- The applicant’s efforts and success at rehabilitation.
- The likelihood that the incident would prevent the individual from performing his or her duties consistent with the safety and welfare of students.
- Circumstances surrounding the incident.
- The amount of time elapsed since the incident occurred.
- The applicant’s honest disclosure of information about the incident.
- The nature, severity, number and consequences of the involved incidents.
- Employees authorized to drive District-owned vehicles shall possess a valid driver’s license.
- In case of an accident, the District shall assume no liability over and above any valid or collectable insurance.
32-5-147 Disclosure on proof of identity of requestor and representation of use for certain limited purposes.
18 USC 2721 Driver’s Privacy Protection Act