- Last Updated: 30 June 2021 30 June 2021
|Policies and Regulations||NEPN Code: BDB|
School Board Governance and Operations
Organization of the School Board
At the annual meeting, as provided by law, the School Board shall organize by electing a president and vice president from its membership. The officers shall serve for a one year term.
The president of the Board shall:
- preside at all meetings of the Board;
- countersign all checks or warrants drawn by the Business Manager which have been authorized for payment by the Board;
- sign all contracts or agreements governed by Policy DJ/DJ-R approved by the Board;
- confer with the Superintendent as may be necessary and desirable regarding school and related matters;
- call special meetings of the Board;
- be entitled to discuss and vote on all matters coming before the Board unless Policy BCB applies;
- be the primary spokesperson for the Board; and
- appoint all committees requiring School Board participation.
The vice president of the Board shall assume the duties and responsibilities of the president in his/her absence.
6-1-17 Official prohibited from discussing or voting on issue if conflict of interest exists - Legal remedy.
13-8-10 Meetings of board - Election of officers - Designation of depository and newspaper - Special meetings
13-8-26 Appointment of committees - Persons authorized to countersign checks and warrants
|Policy||Board Action||(formerly 9120, 9210, and 9220)|