Last Updated: 28 May 2019 28 May 2019
The Sioux Falls School District, through the office of Community Education, will be offering High School Summer School in the summer of 2019.
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED
- Registration will be Available Online
Registration Deadline for Summer 2019 has been extended to May 24th, 2019.
January 2019 - There will be NO REFUNDS unless a course is cancelled due to insufficient enrollment.
- When registering, you will need to choose Enrolled District 49-5, Reduced Fee-(lunch status), Free Fee-(lunch status), or Out-of-District Fee. Registrations will not be processed until your payment selection has been verified by Child Nutrition office. Registrations will be verified daily and will be accepted in the order in which they were received.
- Questions on course choices should be directed to your school counselor prior to registering.
- Summer school, instructor led classes, content presented during the 14-day session is equivalent to content presented during a full semester of school. Each class is worth 0.5 credit and students are expected to attend EVERY class! If a student misses more than 2 classes, the student will be dropped from the course with an "F" grade. Students will not be excused for family vacations, camps, or similar activities. Students who cannot commit to the required days for summer school should not register. Students who enroll in summer school must be able to benefit from instructional activities presented in groups with a ratio of 1 teacher to 20 or more students.
- Online courses need to completed on or before July 25th, 2019. Online courses are 0.5 credits (unless noted). Students enrolling in online classes for summer school must attend a mandatory scheduled 1 hour Orientation.
- Proctored unit exams and final exam will be held.
- Students must also attend proctored unit exams and the final exam at CTE throughout the summer as they work through the material. Online instructors will be available at scheduled times to administer unit exams during regular summer school hours. Students will be allowed to advance through their course ONLY as they complete their unit exams. Most coursework is completed independently by the student. Teacher assistance will be available from 7:30am-12:30pm (Monday-Thursday). Individual teachers will also schedule appointments for students who need additional help.
Because online work is intense, students may only register for one online course at a time during the summer session. If all required work is completed in a shorter time frame, the summer school principal may authorize the student to take another online course upon teacher recommendation.
Computer Requirements: To complete online work, students must have access to an Internet connection. School computers are available for student use at CTE Monday-Thursday, 7:30am-12:30pm. Coursework is not compatible with iPad.
OUT-OF-DISTRICT students will need to submit an emergency contact form - Community Education will email the link to complete after registration is received.
All registration questions should be directed to your school counselor.
|Sioux Falls School District 49-5 counseling office numbers.
|Lincoln High School
|Edison Middle School
|Roosevelt High School
|Patrick Henry Middle School
|Washington High School
|McGovern Middle School
|New Technology High School
|Memorial Middle School
|Axtell Park Building
|Whittier Middle School
- Connections Information
- Connections classes are held at Lincoln High School, Roosevelt High School & Washington High School. This program enables incoming freshman to become accustomed to their new school that they will be attending. Please contact the counselors at the school your child will be attending to find more information about the program.
- Dates and times are subject to change due to snow days. Please check with the school for the most accurate dates. Each school has their own dates and times, so make sure you are looking at the information of the school that your child will be attending. It is easiest to register online by clicking on Community Education Registration.
Connections Registration Forms