- Last Updated: 08 March 2021 08 March 2021
Sending your student off to Kindergarten can be a time filled with emotion. We celebrate the growth and development of our children and yet, wish for them to remain safely within our reach. The Sioux Falls School District is committed to providing a safe, nurturing environment for your child to begin their educational journey.
Students are eligible to attend Kindergarten, according to South Dakota Codified Law, if they are 5 years old on or before September 1 of the current school year. If your child meets these criteria, we would welcome them to one of our 23 elementary buildings. Please follow these links to begin the registration process.
Step 1: Existing Families
If your family has students currently enrolled in the District at any level, please register your student using your Parent Portal Account. Need technical support? Contact Central Services at (605) 367-8432.
Step 1: New Families
In the Sioux Falls School District, students are assigned to a home attendance elementary, middle, and high school, based upon their primary address. If you are unsure of your attendance center, you can utilize our boundary information tool.
Step 2: Online Registration (Infinite Campus)
Welcome to the Class of 2034! All incoming Kindergarten students, living within the SFSD boundaries or open enrolled should register using the Online Registration System.
Please note: It is best to complete your registration using a desktop computer or laptop.
Step 3: Enrollment Materials for the 2021-22 school year
These documents will need to be copied, and/or scanned and sent via e-mail or mail to your home attendance center to complete the registration process.
- Copy of child’s birth certificate
- Copy of student immunization record
- Call Health Services (605) 367-7926 with questions
- Verification of address:
- One document in the name of the parent/guardian clearly indicating the address linked to the student’s registration. Documents accepted: current or previous month of the lease agreement, utility bill, mortgage statement, etc. See District Regulation JCA-R for a complete listing of allowed documentation.