- Last Updated: 09 February 2017 09 February 2017
Parents and guardians are one of the most important factors in student success. We appreciate the active interest and support that our students receive from you. This section of our website contains a collection of useful links for families to help you find the answers and the information that you need.
KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION INFORMATION
The Sioux Falls School District holds Kindergarten Registration in the spring of each year, on the same day at most elementary schools. The date for 2017-2018 is Thursday, March 30th.
To start school:
Your child must be five years old on or before September 1 of the school year to register for kindergarten.
How to Register
- If you have a child in school already please use your Parent Portal.
- If you do NOT have a child already in school please use the New Online Student Registration.
All Registration opened on February 1st, 2017.
Paperwork Required for Kindergarten:
- Kindergarten registration forms
- Located Online
- Located at each elementary school
- Certified copy of the child's birth certificate
- Copy of the student's immunization record
Where to Bring the Paperwork for Kindergarten:
- Elementary School the child will attend
- Here Comes Kindergarten! session
- During the summer months bring them to Central Services
Kindergarten Registrations are accepted at any time between February 1st and the end of the school year Online or at the school the child will attend. During the summer months, registrations are accepted at:
c/o Student Records/Central Registrar
1101 N. Western Ave.
Sioux Falls, SD 57104
Looking for Information on you school's directory or what you need to start school? View the Kindergarten Registration Postcard.