- Last Updated: 17 April 2018 17 April 2018
|Policies and Regulations||NEPN Code: KEB-R
Public Concerns/Complaints about Personnel
“Complaint” in this policy and regulation refers to criticism of a particular school employee by a student, parent/guardian of an enrolled student, and/or community member that implies a demand for action by school authorities. The following procedures are established to ensure that a complaint will be given respectful attention and that the integrity of the educational program will be upheld.
- If a complaint comes first to the person against whom it is directed, the employee will listen courteously and try to resolve the difficulty. If the complainant remains unsatisfied, the employee will refer the complainant to the principal or other immediate supervisor.
- If a complaint is relayed to another school employee, the employee should refer the complainant to the employee criticized or to that person’s immediate supervisor.
- If the complaint involves a particular employee, the supervisor should suggest a conference between the complainant and the person criticized. If the complainant remains unsatisfied, the supervisor should invite the complainant to file his complaint in writing.
- When a written complaint is received, the principal or immediate supervisor will schedule a complaint resolution conference with him/herself, the complainant, the person criticized, and if advisable, other personnel that could contribute to the resolution of the problem.
- If the nature of the complaint warrants it, the principal, immediate supervisor, or complainant shall hand the complaint over to the Civil Rights Officer/Title IX Coordinator.