- Last Updated: 15 February 2017 15 February 2017
|Policies and Regulations||NEPN Code: GBI|
Staff Participation in Political Activities
Sioux Falls School District employees shall not engage in political activity on District premises during normal business hours or during a work assignment.
District employees engaging in political activity shall when/where appropriate make it clear that their statements and actions are theirs as individuals and in no manner, whether implied or explicit, represent the views of the District.
Non-Partisan political activities which are allowed include:
- Dissemination of information solely for the purpose of educating voters concerning school tax, funding and/or bond elections.
- Discussion and study of politics and political issues, when such discussion and study are appropriate to classroom studies, such as history, current events, and political science.
- Student and employee elections and the campaigning connected with them.
- Dissemination of information solely for the purpose of educating voters from any non-profit non-partisan political organization working for the improvement of education.
Leave of Absence for Political Activity
Leaves of absence for political activity for the purpose of being a candidate for political office, or for holding public office, will be considered in accordance with any applicable working agreement.
KHC - Distribution/Posting of Informational/Political Materials
SDCL Ch, 12-27 Campaign Finance Requirements
12-27-20 Expenditure of Public Funds to Influence Election Outcome Prohibited
|Policy||Board Action||(formerly 1311.1)|