- Last Updated: 21 December 2018 21 December 2018
|Policies and Regulations||NEPN Code: FEH
Facilities Planning and Development
- Supervision of Construction
- General responsibility for supervision of construction projects shall rest with the architect/engineer but may be supplemented by personnel from the Operational Services Department. The School Board shall provide supervision through a building inspector on a continuous or intermittent basis, depending on the size of the project, as required by state regulations and as the Board deems necessary.
- Supervision by Architect/Engineer
- The architect/engineer shall make periodic visits to the site to keep apprised of the progress and quality of the work and to determine if the work is proceeding in accordance with the contract documents. The architect/engineer, on the basis of on-site observations, shall endeavor to guard the Sioux Falls School District against defects and deficiencies in the work of the contractor.
- Contractor Supervision Services
- The contractor shall supervise and direct the work, using his/her best skill and attention. This person shall be solely responsible for all construction means, methods, techniques, sequences, and procedures and for coordinating all portions of the work under the contract.
The contractor shall also be responsible for all safety precautions for protection of persons and property during the course of construction.
|Policy||Board Action||(formerly 7450, 7452, 7453 and 7454)|