- Last Updated: 21 December 2018 21 December 2018
|Policies and Regulations||NEPN Code: FA
Facilities Planning and Development
- Facilities Development Goals/Priority Objectives
- The School Board recognizes the significance of providing school facilities that assure schools at each level are comparable to each other for educational programming. A comprehensive approach to projecting and planning will be utilized, including the following:
- Enhancing the educational program needs of the Sioux Falls School District.
- Adhering to standards of construction that assure facilities are readily accessible to and usable by persons with disabilities.
- Partnering with the community, and developing new relationships of mutual benefit.
- Creating a functional and inviting atmosphere that promotes a positive connection with students, staff and community.
- Recognizing demographic changes within Sioux Falls.
- Complying with community planning and zoning requirements.
- Working within the District’s budget.
- Ensuring the safety and welfare of students.
- Maintaining the relationship between the projected new facilities and those already in existence.
|Policy||Board Action||(formerly 7110 and Rule 7141)|