- Last Updated: 18 November 2016 18 November 2016
|Policies and Regulations||NEPN Code: EEBA
The School Board recognizes the need for designated school employees to use District-owned vehicles. To safeguard the School District, employees, and students in matters of liability, the following procedures shall be followed.
- To use a District vehicle for any purpose, the individual must have authorization by the building principal or program supervisor.
- Employees assigned to routinely drive a District vehicle shall annually undergo a South Dakota driving records check. In determining whether a person is approved to drive District vehicles, the information revealed in a driving records check will be judged according to the following factors:
- The type of incident revealed.
- The applicant’s efforts and success at rehabilitation.
- The likelihood that the incident would prevent the individual from performing his or her duties consistent with the safety and welfare of students.
- Circumstances surrounding the incident.
- The amount of time elapsed since the incident occurred.
- The applicant’s honest disclosure of information about the incident.
- The nature, severity, number and consequences of the involved incidents.
Additionally, each employee assigned to routinely drive District-owned vehicles shall be responsible for reporting to Human Resources all moving violations within five days of conviction or admission of guilt.
32-5-147 Disclosure on proof of identity of requestor and representation of use for certain limited purposes.
18 USC 2721 Driver’s Privacy Protection Act