School Registration and Enrollment
Where to register
- Parents who are new to the District may start the registration process using the Online Registration System. This should not be used if their student(s) has been enrolled in the Sioux Falls School District at any time or if their student(s) has been screened for Early Childhood services.
- Registrations must be completed at the assigned school. Students not yet 18 years old must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian when registering.
- School assignments in the Sioux Falls School District are made according to the residence of the parent/guardian or the school assigned through an open enrollment request.
- Go to the Boundary & Bus Information link and enter your residence address to determine a student's assigned school.
Items needed to register
- Birth Certificate:
- A certified copy of the birth certificate must be presented to the school at the time of enrollment or within 30 days. An affidavit issued by the State Department of Health may be presented in lieu of the birth certificate.
- A Certificate of Immunization must be presented prior to admission to school. Certificate of Immunization forms are available at the school office and at many health care providers.
- Effective 2007-08: Two doses of Varicella (chickenpox) vaccination will be required for students entering kindergarten.
For more information about registration call your child’s school or Assessment, Technology and Information Services at Central Services, (605) 367-4386. For more information about immunization requirements, call your child's school or Health Services at the Instructional Planning Center, (605) 367-7926.