School Registration and Enrollment
Where to register
- Students must register at their assigned school. Students not yet 18 years old must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian when registering.
- School assignments in the Sioux Falls School District are made according to the residence of the parent/guardian or the school assigned through an open enrollment request.
- Go to the Boundary & Bus Information link and enter your residence address to determine a student's assigned school or contact Transportation Services at (605) 367-7276 for assistance.
Items needed to register
- Birth Certificate:
- A certified copy of the birth certificate must be presented to the school at the time of enrollment or within 30 days. An affidavit issued by the State Department of Health may be presented in lieu of the birth certificate.
- Physical Exam:
- The School District requires proof of a physical examination completed within a year prior to entering a school program. Families have two weeks from school entrance date to present documentation of the physical exam or an appointment date for completing the exam. The exam should be completed within 60 days of the first day of attendance. The school provides forms for the physical.
- A Certificate of Immunization must be presented prior to admission to school. Certificate of Immunization forms are available at the school office and at many health care providers.
- Effective 2007-08: Two doses of Varicella (chickenpox) vaccination will be required for students entering kindergarten.
For more information about registration call your child’s school or Assessment, Technology and Information Services at Central Services, (605) 367-7940. For more information about immunizations and physical exam requirements, call your child's school or Health Services at the Instructional Planning Center, (605) 367-7926.