- Last Updated: 13 August 2019 13 August 2019
- Last Updated: 10 April 2019 10 April 2019
Boarding the Bus:
Do not wave down the Yellow school buses. Simply be standing at the stop location and the bus will come to you. If nobody is standing at a stop location, the bus will not come to a complete stop at that location. It will drive on past. However, we will not leave a bus stop before it’s listed loading time.
The School District’s “Rules of Student Conduct and Discipline” apply to bus Stops and on school Buses. Students need to remain seated while in route.
The HS Tripper route buses will be equipped with camera’s to monitor activity on these buses. Students removed from the bus for discipline issues will not receive refunds for their bus pass. For a full list of Sioux Falls School District Policies.
The high school “Tripper” bus routes will be done by School Bus Inc. High School students riding the “Tripper” buses will load/unload on YELLOW school buses. Stop locations have changed as well.
Any student who purchases a HS “Tripper” routes bus pass at the schools each month, can use that same bus pass to ride any City SAM bus the same month. However, SAM city bus passes will not work on HS Tripper routes.
“Tripper bus” tickets can only be purchased from the Parking Lot Attendant at your school.
Bus Pass Pricing:
- Bus Passes will be sold by the month. After and including the 15th of each month, Bus Passes will be sold at half price.
- $6.00 for students who qualify for free lunch.
- $12.00 for students who qualify for reduced lunch.
- $30.00 full price ticket.
- Last Updated: 27 August 2019 27 August 2019
The Sioux Falls School District will offer to students with exceptionally high academic and intellectual ability a challenging, accelerated, integrated, and enriched curriculum in the core subjects. By implementing this alternative school model for Elementary, Middle and High schools, families and students have a choice. Specialized schools are created around a specific subject area(s). All specialized schools continue to teach the core basic standards through lessons with a specific academic focus.
We offer a Fee-Based busing option to families who have their children enrolled in one of the Specialized Schools. Review the specific level “Information Sheets” for further details on registration, AM and PM stop options and pricing.
FEE BUSING RATES CHANGING effective the 2019-2020 school year.
Fee busing rates: (Maximum family payment will be 2 times the individual rate)
- $180.00 per semester/per student round trip for full lunch; $90 one way
- $120.00 per semester/per student round trip for reduced lunch; $60 one way
- $60.00 per semester/per student round trip for free lunch; $30 one way
Registration for 1st semester of the 2019-20 school year is now CLOSED!